Monday 9 December 2013

"This could be the last time.." The Rolling Stones


"Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know. oh no. oh no"
 
The Rolling Stones mean a lot to me in umpteen ways.  They provided the music, beautiful & raunchy rock/blues, that formed the soundtrack to much of my life experiences - the good, the bad and the just plain naughty.  They've always been "my boys" - and Mick my poster boy/man - since the late 1960s. 

Goodness.  Really?  Yes, early 1960.  It's weird to write or think about that.   So many of the people I know right now weren't even born then - hell, some of their parents probably weren't even born then!
 
I've just successfully bought a ticket - 1 ticket - to see my boys on March 25 next year.  Yes, I'm going solo - alone - by myself.  The ticket prices are extortionate, over $500 per ticket for the good seats, and George refused to go with me at those prices.  I don't really mind because once the concert starts I'll be dancing like crazy anyway.

As the song says, "this could be the last time" to see them in concert.  I honestly don't remember how many times I've seen them over the years.  The first time Jae, me and a car load of hippies drove all the way to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  The date was June 28, 1972.  Since then I was lucky enough to see them every time they came to Atlanta - the most memorable concert was at the Fox Theatre where I had 3rd row seats!  The last time they were in Sydney - April 2006 - was a terrific show and I truly thought that time would be the last.

Now there's one more time.  The ticket was stupidly expensive but I would have probably paid more.  That's how much being with them, dancing with them - live - one more time means to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment