Sunday 11 May 2014

Taking it Easy


Sorry, kind of a weird photo. 
I didn't know Molly had her tongue out until I downloaded - the sun is too bright.
We've spent the past 4 days on the boat.  Lovely it was too.  This time of year is magic for the weather in Sydney.  We've had warm sunny days followed by cool crisp nights and spectacular skies of deep blue during the day and full of stars at night.  Right now we're headed back to our mooring.  George is driving and Molly is riding shotgun in the cockpit.  All is well with the world.

The bay at Coasters Retreat - or The Basin - as we slip anchor and head for home.
It's been quiet.  Not much socializing.  Over the last few weeks we've been sailing with our friends from the yacht club which is always busy, an absolute laugh and socially non-stop good time.  Over the Easter weekend we went away with our friends Ian & Sharon and Peter and Sue - plus others from the club - up to Newcastle and then on to Lake Macquarie.  We spent 10 fantastic days away .. I'm planning on blogging about it as soon as I can get some pictures downloaded from the trip.  Silly me, I left my camera at home and I've got to use other people's photos but can't figure out how to change down the size for blogging.  I've sent them to Robert, my brother in law in Ireland who knows all there is to know about computers - who should be able to help I hope.  Ian is also working on a solution.  All of us together should be able to work it out!

This weekend our friend John Carter and his friend Adrianne joined us in Broken Bay and in The Basin.  John hasn't quite got the hang of this cruising life yet though.  With others there is always an invitation to drinks or dinner or lunch.   John, however, just seems to like to anchor in the same bay with not much else. 

In my book the social side of sailing is the very best.  Everything else I could just about leave behind but good wine and good conversation is an absolute must!!

Friday John pulled up a mooring next to us at Castle Rock (there must be 1 million Castle Rocks in the world .. and this one is very nice too).  I said to George he should go over in the dingy and ask them over for a drink - not a cup of tea which is John's default drink - and then we'll carry on into lunch.  He did and they came over to a very good afternoon.  But that was it.   No more socializing for the rest of the weekend although they were anchored only a few boat lengths away each night.  Odd.  We'll drag him along to the "entertaining side of sailing" before too long I'm sure.

Back at the mooring now.  Captain George and the first mate Molly had to have a lie down after the strain of motoring for 10 minutes!  So, as soon as I finish this post I'm going to try and catch up on all the emails I've been meaning to send and haven't yet.

1 comment:

  1. Microsoft Office Picture Manager will let you edit all of your selected photos with one fell swoop. Bring them in, select all that you want to change, then select the Resize option, set them all the same, and POOF there ya go! I don't know any other way off the top of my head to do them other than one at a time.

    ReplyDelete