Sunday 30 March 2014

Blogging is tough.

When I first decided to start writing and sharing a blog my goal was to have a voice in the, at some times vast, wilderness of ageing women.  That undefined area where shop assistants don't exactly rush to help anymore and waiters don't seat you in a restaurant as quickly.  In this wilderness you become just a little bit imperceptible to the eye of the retail landscape.  Maybe its the 'more than casual' clothes one starts to wear or the hours - which are free from traffic - you tend to keep that gives people the hint.  Whatever it is .. they know. 

At the time I published my first blog I was nearly 6 months into my 3rd attempt at retirement.   I wasn't - yet - completely used to having my day times free.   The sight of people off to work in their work gear as I walked Molly in the morning would make me nostalgic for the sense of purpose that the morning 'rush, rush' provides.  The blog provided an outlet then for my thoughts.

Then the plans for the boat trip got underway which was, altogether, a new kind of challenge.  Followed on by the trip itself which, as anyone knows who's stuck with the blog over the past year, was a fantastic experience providing event after event of memorable things to write about!  Every day presented something new meaning this blog was - to me at least - good fun to read.

Now we're back and settling in to "normal" life I'm not finding blogging easy.  I'll admit it.  That's the reason I haven't blogged in 2 weeks.  When I sit down to write I don't feel that I've got much to say apart from walking the dog or spending a couple of days on the boat or looking for a job.  Is that enough to blog about?  Not sure.

The other reason I don't write is I am so aghast at the antics of the current government that I can hardly stand it!  It gives me a pain in my gut to hear/read the news daily.  I know people don't want to hear another person give their 2 cents worth on the politics of today which makes me all too aware that I should just shut TF up.  Most of the time I do/try to do.

So to everyone who may still check out the blog every now and then - I'm sorry.  I plan to do better.

I have been busy actually!  Our yacht club asked us (it will be me actually because Georgio doesn't tend to do public speaking) if we would talk about the Louisiades Rally at the April First Friday cruisers dinner.  I've been busy putting that presentation together which happens next Friday night.  And it looks like I'll have some work during April helping organise and stage a convention for a previous colleague which should be good fun.

And .. I've been enjoying the back yard with its autumn trees starting to bloom and the usual native animals coming to visit regularly.  Last time I phoned Jae in Atlanta I mentioned the Tibochina trees which were starting to bloom all over Sydney.  They're beautiful trees with dark green leaves and brilliant purple flowers.  Here's a couple of photos of the tree in the backyard ....



And just one more photo... this is me and Molly spooning while on the boat a week ago.  Good times and more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment