US - Now
An update of what we're up to at the current moment.... George is still in his cast (7 weeks is going be a long long time!) and we're staying at Tim's house to make it easier for him to move around. We are so lucky to have such a good friend living here in Cairns! Thank you Tim!
We would very much like to get the boat further south and away from the coming seasonal threat of cyclones. Storm season officially starts up here in the tropics on Nov 1 - but, they haven't had a cyclone before Feb/March for decades. The weather isn't good for moving south right now. Its blowing hard from the Southeast consistently. We need the north easterlies to make the journey down the coast bearable. We've looked at options like moving the boat to a sheltered marina up the coast or arranging for a company to move it from Cairns Marlin Marina (where it is now) if a storm comes. So far they're all options and we haven't decided what to do. George thinks he and I will take the boat down the coast - with me doing everything and him sitting in his cast telling me what to do. I don't like that option and can tell you right now that isn't going to happen! Tim is going away for 5 days next week and we'll stay here to dog sit and then decide on how to move on.
So, for now, we're Cairns bound.
More Louisiades in pictures
|After the bracelet was finished Sam and his family gave us a sing song. Beautiful.|
|Birthday party and cake for Catherine aboard Glide. Great Night.|
|Donald - from Silvergull - and Catherine on the beach at the Blue Lagoon. I loved Donald. He was our rally elder and he had the best and most cool attitude towards everyone and all the local people.|
There is so much to show and tell about our trip. Hope I'm not boring any readers!
Tomorrow I'll tell you about the armed robbery and kidnapping that we found ourselves smack in the middle of in Misima.